No matter how durable and expensive your home appliances are, there may come a time when you need an appliance repairman.
You will search diligently to make sure the local home appliance repairman you hire will be affordable and get the job done right.
Some of us look through the yellow pages (yes, they still exist) while others call their friends and ask for recommendations. Google search appliance repair to find several listings for local appliance service providers.
Here are some more tips for hiring a local appliance repair man:
1. Check with the manufacturer. Most home appliances come with a service warranty from the manufacturer so if your appliance is fairly new then the repair should be free.
2. Call the store where you bought the appliance. Some appliance retailers have contractors who specialize in the maintenance and repair of the appliances they sell. If so, the appliance store might be the best place to find a skilled service technician.
3. Ask friends and neighbours for referrals. If they have had a great experience they will gladly tell you who their local appliance repair man is. They will also not hesitate to tell you about a bad experience – People love to spread the word about a bad home service provider.
4. Search the internet for a local appliance repair man. DIYers can search the internet for how-to pages. Those not so inclined can usually find a local appliance repair man with great credentials. Don’t count on an impressive website to indicate a quality and honesty.
5. Look through social listings. FaceBook friends are a great resource for finding a local home service provider. Any who have received bad service will not hesitate to tell you about their experience.
6. Look to see if they fix onsite or your have to delivery your appliance to their workshop. In that case, you will need a removals company to help with large appliances.
Once you find a local appliance repairman be sure to check their credentials. Verify they are licensed and insured. If they service technician is injured on your property or if he causes damage to the home, and they are uninsured, then you could be held liable.
Home appliance repair, like any home service, can be expensive; but not near as costly as hiring an unqualified and uneducated jack of all trades. Large appliance repair companies usually keep up to date with the latest technology by receiving ongoing factory training. Smaller, local companies may belong to a trade association where they also receive education through annual conventions.